Video Marketing has become an essential tool to use to help promote businesses. It is especially a powerful tool for the hotel industry as it has the ability to give the audience a glimpse into your hotel experience. Video has been said to be the “language of business” this is because, according to stats obtained by HubSpot, one-third of time online is spent watching videos, and sales are increased by 97% when professional video ads are produced.
A report released by Wyzowl regarding the state of Video Marketing 2021 provides key stats on the effectiveness and popularity of including videos in your marketing plan. Here are some of the key insights obtained from the research:
- Marketer’s overall spend and usage of video has slightly increased throughout 2020 and will continue to increase well into 2021.
- 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool.
- 93% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy.
- Although the pandemic has affected marketer’s plans for video marketing, 74% say the pandemic made them more likely to include video as part of their marketing plans.
- 91% of marketers feel video is more important for brands in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 86% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website. From a consumer point of view: 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 78% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
The popularity amongst marketers utilizing video as a part of their marketing plan is on the rise due to its positive effects. Video Marketing is crucial for the hotel business, rather than telling consumers about your hotel you can show them. Here are 6 ways video marketing can help your hotel.
- Rank higher in search results: applying videos in your marketing plan boosts your chances by 50% to achieve a higher organic rank in Google Search which helps people find your hotel.
- Research decision-makers: according to HubSpot research, 60% of company decision-makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog.
- Build trust and brand awareness: including testimonials, or consumer experiences in your video not only tell your hotel’s story but also promotes authenticity. It gives consumers a glance at what they can expect from your hotel experience.
- Showcase standout features: videos are an effective way to display hotel rooms, amenities and restaurants.
- Increase open rates, click-through in emails and reduce unsubscribes: including videos in an email can boost click-through rates up to 65% and you can also track audience engagement which is key when it comes to measuring the effectiveness of your marketing tactics.
- Boost conversions, sales and revenue: incorporating videos on landing pages has the ability to increase conversions by 86% and even grow revenue 5o% faster over other marketing strategies.